01 March 2007

Only in Kansas...

Yesterday the temperatures reached into the balmy 70's. It was beautiful. The sun was shinging brightly, the wind was blowing softly and gently. It truly felt like a spring day. Last night, more signs of spring. As I drove to my parents house to (once again) show my father how to use his VCR (sometimes it stinks being the smart one of the bunch - but I manage), I was able to witness a spectacular lightning display off to the southeast of Topeka.

Seems there was a super major storm system, which gave the folks down there the years first batch of tornados. And this morning, after hitting the gym, it was snowing. 40 degrees outside, and the snow is falling large, heavy and fast.

In less than 12 hours, we go from 70 degrees and sunny to thunderstorms and tornados, to snow storm - We must be back in Kansas Dorothy.

0 comments: