18 September 2007

A post a day

Hello, dear reader, I am going to try something new here. An experiment of sorts. I am going to make a commitment to make at least one post a day for the next thirty days. I can't pretend that they will be about me, or my family, or my home town as most of what is on this blog. And I can't pretend that anything I write is going to be worth reading. Of course, I never tried to pretend that in the first place. Some things come out and I think 'wow, that's really good.' But let's face it, most of the stuff - well - most of the stuff would fall into the category of "all most, but not quite, completely horrible."

I don't know what the purpose of this exercise is. I haven't thought it through all that much. I don't even know why I'm doing it. It isn't like I've lost a bet or feel the extreme urge to make a complete ass of myself. It is nothing like that. I was simply setting up the coffee maker for the morning brew, and the idea popped in my head. I don't know where it came from, or even if the idea was meant for me in particular. I suppose it could have just been floating around out there in space and for some unknown reason, I happened to walk into it at just the right angle, and just the right time and it latched on to my mind.

Whatever the reason, I've got it in my head to do, so I will. Be warned though, it isn't like I'm some great purveyor of words or anything like that. I hope that you'll continue to stop by, even if what I am writing over the next thirty days is complete and utter crap. And I hope that, once in a while, you might drop a comment every now and again to let me know what you think.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: