10 May 2007

Call the exterminator, because "Bug" is coming...

I like scary movies. Not those slasher gore and blood movies that are so readily available. I'm not a huge fan of Jason or Freddy (although, I did like the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie), or Michael (again, the first Halloween was great). But good scary thrillers get my blood pumping.

Movies like "The Exorcist" and "The Omen" (the original, not the remake) are the kind I am talking about. Thrillers that make your heart race and keep you on the edge of your seat. From the trailer, "Bug" looks like it could be one of those movies. It is from the director of "The Exorcist" so I'm thinking it is not going to be some teen-ager slasher movie. There is a good chance this bug movie will be better than that snakes on a plane movie (I didn't go see that, heck I didn't even rent it).



The movie posters are enticing in themselves. Poster A is very creepy and is uncomfortable to look at. If I hadn't seen the trailer, I'm not so sure I would go and see this movie based on that poster. It is just too weird. Poster B is much easier to look at, and gives a feeling of mystery and intrigue and not really knowing what is going on. Poster B looks more like the kind of movie I would want to see.

Personally, since seeing the trailer, I'm waiting for this movie to hit the theaters. The trailer makes it look suspenseful, creepy and scare without being gory. It certainly looks more interesting than I imagined a bug movie could look!


Poster A:


Poster B:



This post brought to you by LionsGate Films

0 comments: