19 February 2007

Latest & Greatest cell phones for FREE!

***ADVERTISEMENT***
I am somewhat of a techophile. I love having the latest greatest of any technology. Unfortunately, new technology is expensive enough, and there are enough other expenses with the 5/8, and the kids, what with Judo classes, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts etc. etc. etc. that I don't always (okay, almost never) get to have the latest and greatest tech.

For instance, one thing I am usually several years behind in is cell phone tech. Cell phones have become outrageously full of cool and neat features (some of them even allow you to place phone calls!). I have had cell phones on and off since about the late 80's. You know, those big bulky bag phones you plugged into your cigarette lighter in the car and it cost you something like $50/month and $.30 a minute? With roaming fees in the umpteens? Yeah, those were the ones I'm talking about.

When we moved to Topeka in '99 and I started working in Kansas City (about 70 miles away) I knew I would have to find a phone that 1) I could afford and b) that would work everywhere (since I was going to travel a little with the new job). So I settled on Sprint PCS phone. It was big, it was clunky, but it did the job. After a couple of years with Sprint, I changed to Cingular. With Cingular I got two Nokia phones for about $20 each (one for the wife). Cingular at the time, worked in many more places than Sprint did. With absolutely no roaming charges. With Sprint I still had roaming charges to pay in some areas, and simply couldn't use the phone in other areas.

There has been almost no place I couldn't use my Cingular phone. Since I signed up with Cingular, I have received several upgraded phones for free! Not the latest and greatest mind you, but I finally have a phone that plays MP3 ringtones, takes pictures and has Bluetooth. But I'd love to have one that can hold more music, in essence, has an MP3 player built into it. Something like Sony Ericsson w300i - now that is a phone I could sink my teeth into (so to speak, I don't really eat phones).

After looking at the WireFly site, I wish I didn't already have Cingular as my carrier though. I don't know how these guys do it, but they have the phones with all the latest and greatest technologies for FREE! No, really, they are free! No payment for the phone. Oh, sure, there is a two year contract with Cingular, but hey, from WireFly you can get a RAZR FREE. With Cingular, the RAZR would cost you about $100, and you'd still need the two year contract. If you're simply not crazy about the flip phones, they also have the ultra smooth, ultra classy Samsung D807 which slides up to reveal the number pad. How cool is that?

This post brought to you by:
Free Cingular Wireless Phones and Other Cingular Cell Phone Deals from Wirefly

0 comments: