14 December 2006

Dreaming of a white Christmas (still)

I'm listenting to Star 102.1 (Kansas City's Christmas Station) which plays Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas day, was just playing "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" - but as I look out the window at the 60+ degree day, I can't help but think it's beginning to feel a lot like...spring. Except of course that everything is still dead, no flowers, no greenery, and, naturally, no snow (it used to snow in NE Kansas when I was a kid, now we get maybe two decent snows a year) everything is just brown and dead.

Its quite depressing actually. I miss the white Christmases we had while living in Colorado and Alaska (of course, in Alaska, we also had white Halloweens - not so good). I can fully empathize with the bloke what wrote the song "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas." I dream of that every year now. The unseasonably warm weather does make it rather difficult to 'get into' the Christmas season.

Sure, my house is lit up like the Griswold's, and the radios in the house, at work and in the car are all tuned to 102.1 so I get my fill of wonderful Christmas carols. But the warm weather. If I wanted warm Christmases, I would move to Texas or Arizona or some other southern state where that kind of stuff is expected. I guess, if I want a white Christmas, I'll have to move back to the mountains or up north, I think Minnesota has snow, and Montana.

I dunno, I'm just ramblin'.

As always, thanks for visiting!


0 comments: